Monday, May 9, 2011

4 weeks today!




Today Jack is 4 weeks old. He is starting to really figure out the world! He is getting better at focusing on things with his eyes! When I last updated, he was seeing objects but he would go cross-eyed if he stared for too long. He loves to stare.


Also, he is so enthrawled with all things musical! We have a couple different baby Einstein products that play fun classic music and Jack just loves it. If he is having a crying spat, I just sit in next to this turtle that plays music and he calms down! I heart baby einstein!


Jack's hand/arm functions are coming into play! This week was he first week that he really started to grab and hold on. Needless to say, we've already had a few times when my hair was the object. (I guess I have to go used to it).


He is almost in size 1 diapers! Our growing boy! We have started to transition him to formula also. Mainly because feeding him breastmilk was getting to be too much of a hassle.


The sad thing is that I have to go back to work in two weeks. It is not a good moment for me. I have only left him one time since he has been born (and that was only for about 4 hours). I have big control issues, so it just makes me crazying thinking that someone else will be takin care of Jack all day;(.


Overall, Jack is growing good, his physical skills are progressing, and ,oh, he started to smile a little this week!

As for me, I gained about 40 pounds when I was pregnant, and I am down 20. However, I've been down 20 for about 3 weeks now...and haven't lost anymore. This week I'm going to try to start walking a little each day. Hope that will help. I would love to loose 30 more pounds (since I was about 10 away from my goal weight when I got preggers). Fingers crossed!







No comments:

Post a Comment